Edited on 18th Jan, 2021
Article 1 (Definition of Personal Information)
“Personal information" refers to "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information and other descriptions contained in the information, as well as information that can identify the specific individual from the information itself, such as appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and the insurer's number on the health insurance card (personal identification information).
Article 2 (Method of Collection of Personal Information)
When you visit our website, we collect information such as the pages you visit, search terms you use, the date and time you use our website, the type of device you use, and your IP address.
IATSS Forum may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place of employment, educational background, work history, and travel history when you apply for this training program. IATSS Forum may also collect information, including personal information about the applicant, that is exchanged between the applicant and the IATSS Forum's local office. (the "Local Office").
IATSS Forum may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, place of employment, passport number, travel history, criminal record, pre-existing medical conditions and allergies when you participate in the training program. We may also collect information, including personal information about the participants, that is exchanged between the participants and the Local Office.
IATSS Forum may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, etc. when you register as a volunteer in this training program.
IATSS Forum may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and place of employment of the alumni who have completed the training program when conducting alumni activities.
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes of IATSS Forum's collection and use of personal information are as follows
- To improve our website
- For the selection of participants (including information exchanged with the Local Office)
- To send applicants information about the selection process and the results of the selection process by email or post.
- To communicate with you as necessary, such as important announcements related to the selection process
- To pay for transportation and accommodation during the interview
- To improve the screening process in the future, such as identifying trends in applicants
- To obtain a participants’ visa
- For a travel insurance contract
- To send pre-training materials, questionnaires, and materials by mail
- To take care of the necessary procedures for living in Japan, such as meals, medical care, and accommodations during the training program
- To share information with the trainers and host families
- To prepare a list of participants for completion and other ceremonies
- To post the contents of the "Group Research Presentation" and "Participants' Experiences" on the website.
- To send information about this training program by email or post
- To determine the number of participants and meals at volunteer events during this training program
- To obtain volunteer insurance
- For homestay matching
- To post photos of volunteer events during this training program on our website.
- To send information on the International Alumni Association by e-mail or post
- To manage the organization/activities of the Alumni Association
- To post “alumni stories” and “alumni association organizing committee members from around the world" on the website.
- To request a lecturer for training.
Article 4 (Change of purpose of use)
IATSS Forum shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably possible that the purpose of use is related to the one before the change.
In the event of a change in the purpose of use, IATSS Forum shall notify the parties concerned of the changed purpose of use in a manner prescribed by IATSS Forum or publish it on the IATSS Forum’s Website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
IATSS Forum may provide personal information on participants/alumni to the local committees, Local Offices, or other third parties located abroad to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes listed in Article 3. In addition, except in the following cases, personal information will not be provided to third parties without the prior consent of the applicant/participants/volunteer/alumni. However, this does not apply to cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by such a government agency or local government in the execution of their legally prescribed duties, and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the person in question will interfere with the execution of such duties.
- If IATSS Forum announces or publicizes the following items, and IATSS Forum notifies the Personal Information Protection Committee
- including the provision of such information to third parties for the purpose of use
- Items of data provided to third parties
- The means or method of providing the information to third parties
- Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- Method of accepting a request from the person
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the recipient of such information shall not be a third party in the following cases
- If IATSS Forum entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to a merger or other reasons
- In cases where personal information is to be used jointly with a specific person, and the individual concerned is notified in advance or the individual concerned is made readily aware of the fact, the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of the persons to be used jointly, the purpose of use of the persons to be used jointly, and the name or title of the person responsible for the management of the personal information (the Director of the IATSS Forum).
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
If IATSS Forum is requested by the individual to disclose his/her personal information, we will disclose it to him/her without delay. However, IATSS Forum may choose not to disclose all or part of the information in any of the following cases, and if IATSS Forum decides not to disclose the information, IATSS Forum will notify the person without delay
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property or other rights and interests of you or a third party
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of IATSS Forum's business
- Any other case that would be in violation of the law.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, we will not disclose any information other than personal information, such as history and characteristic information, in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
(Applicants/participants/volunteers/alumni) may request IATSS Forum to correct, add to, or delete their personal information (hereinafter referred to as "correction, etc.") in accordance with the procedures established by IATSS Forum if their personal information held by IATSS Forum is incorrect. In such cases, the (Applicants/participants/volunteers/alumni) may request that IATSS Forum correct, add or delete the personal information in accordance with procedures established by IATSS Forum.
If the IATSS Forum determines that it is necessary to respond to a request from an applicant /participants /volunteer under the preceding paragraph, the IATSS Forum shall correct the relevant personal information without delay.
The IATSS Forum will notify (Applicant/Participants/Volunteer/alumni) without delay if it has made any correction in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph or if it decides not to make such correction.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information)
If the IATSS Forum is requested by a person to cease using or delete his or her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Cease of Use, etc.") on the grounds that the personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use, or that the information was obtained by wrongful means, the IATSS Forum will investigate without delay.
If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, the IATSS Forum determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, it will suspend or the use of the personal information or delete the personal information without delay.
If IATSS Forum suspends use of personal information or delete the personal information in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or decides not to suspend use of personal information or delete the personal information, IATSS Forum will notify (applicant /participants /volunteer / alumni) of this without delay.
Notwithstanding the previous two paragraphs, if it costs a lot of money to stop using the service or it is otherwise difficult to do so, and if alternative measures can be taken that are necessary to protect (applicant /participants /volunteer / alumni)’s rights and interests, these alternative measures will be taken.
Article 9 (Management of personal information)
The IATSS Forum will manage personal information as follows.
- In the event that personal information is provided to or received from a third party (excluding national organizations, local governments, independent administrative agencies, etc., and local independent administrative agencies; the same shall apply hereinafter), the IATSS Forum shall prepare records of the necessary matters and preserve them for a prescribed period of time in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law and the rules of the Personal Information Protection Committee.
- We will take necessary and appropriate organizational, human, physical, and technical safety control measures to prevent leakage, etc. of personal information.
- In the event that the handling of personal information is outsourced, we will select an appropriate outsourcer, sign a contract with the outsourcer regarding the protection of personal information, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of the outsourcer.
The content of this policy may be changed without notice to (applicants /participants /volunteers /alumni), except as otherwise required by law or other laws and regulations.
Article 11 (Contact for Inquiries)
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the following office.
Address: Suzuka Circuit South Building, 7992 Ino-cho, Suzuka City, Mie Prefecture
Company name: The IATSS Forum, International Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences
TEL: +81 59 370 0511